Ok, so its not every day of the year that you get to dress up like the big bad Gene Simmons of old, back when he was KISS frontman and looking like this:
Yeah, I know what you’re thinking -‘I want to go to the Heavy Metal Carol Service looking like that’ of course you do, of course you do, so here’s what you need to do…
1) Gather the essential ingredients: white clown make up, black eyeliner, black lipstick, and make sure your hair is well off your face.
2) Start by putting white clown make up all over your face, from the hairline down to the jaw line, you need a complete white mask. When it’s on, put some baby powder on with a powder brush to help it set, and not smudge.
3) When its good and set, you need to make sure you’ve got a picture of Gene in front of you, and get out an eyeliner pencil, make sure that suckerhas plenty of lead, cos you’re going to need it.
4) First thing is to put eyeliner round the eyes, but you dont stop there – you need to put the spikes in too – make sure you’ve got the right amount! When you get to the nose, you want to be sure the lines are straight – to be honest this is the point where you’re probably best giving up on doing it yourself, and getting some steady handed chum to do it for you.
5) Once the outlines are done, you need to colour them in – thank goodness that pencil is plentiful eh.
6) Once the eyes are done you need to draw the widows peak in, draw the outline first, then colour it. After that its basically just a bit of black lippy, with a little line from each corner of the mouth.
7) At that point you should sit back and admire your handiwork, and wonder what on earth you’re going to do about your hair – the answer to which is obvious, wear a santa hat.
Ho ho ho.